I talk in my sleep. Did you know that? Of course you didn’t. That’s because we don’t sleep together. Should we try?
I used to speak, say once or twice a year, but lately the frequency has gone up to once every few weeks and in the last week, every alternate day.
Needless to say, TB is enjoying himself. When there’s nothing on TV, he perches on the headboard and stares at me with his beady eyes. And when I say something, he sqawks and flies away to the kitchen.
Now you’re thinking: “That’s nothing special. My sleeping partner is a bit of a cock himself. That’s doesn’t mean I mumble in my sleep.”
But I don’t mumble. I talk! I sit up, open my eyes and say full sentences that have no reference. Here are a few examples:
1. I bolt upright, stare straight ahead and say, “What the fuck am I doing here?”
2. Wave out and say, “Why didn’t you remind me about Namrata’s magazine?
3. “Is this when I take off my clothes?”
“Is it time to take off my clothes?”
Snuggle back to sleep.
4. “Are you sure you want to get into acting?”
5. Sit up, stroke TB’s head and ask him in a loving voice: Why did you decide not to sign up?
I’m going to add a widget to the side and update every time I say something. Because our relationship is on trust, I made Tushar swear on Boo that he wasn’t making this up. You’ll know if anything happens.