Tushar’s surgery was over in two hours and went well. I hadn’t told TB about the enema because I wanted it to be a special surprise. Hypochondriacs love medical surprises. Remember that during birthdays. Things that did not happen:
1. The doctor did not ask about me.
2. I didn’t run dramatically alongside the stretcher.
3. I didn’t look expectantly at the surgeon when he came out of the OT.
What I did do:
1. Read the paper while sitting on the floor of the balcony that opened to the sea.
2. Smuggle in the fried fish my mama brought and eat it in the room.
3. Find a route into the hospital when only one relative is allowed.
Tomorrow, I’ll blog about my shoes if I don’t find inspiration.